Nevin Hall

nevin.jpg

Title

Nevin Hall

Description

Date Built: 1968
Named For: Hugh L. Nevin
Cost: $600,000
Current Use: residence hall
The four-story brick structure opened in the fall of 1968 as a men's residence hall, and originally included space for 103 students in fifty double and three single rooms, a lounge study area on each floor, an apartment for the dean of men, and office space for the director of men’s residences. The building was named for Hugh L. Nevin. A noted Louisville architect, Nevin served on Centre’s board from 1941 to 1958 and was the architect of eight buildings on Centre's campus.

Citation

“Nevin Hall,” Centre College Digital Archives, accessed September 27, 2022, https://centre.omeka.net/items/show/1573.

Output Formats