Wiseman Hall

04062010_Wiseman_Hall_Archive_Stock_12360-400x266.jpg

Title

Wiseman Hall

Description

120 South Maple Avenue

Date Built: 1940, renovated 1992

Named For: Guy E. Wiseman, Class of 1885

Architect: Nevin, Morgan and Kilbrook

Current Use: residence hall; offices of registrar

Opened in the fall of 1940 as the first addition to Centre in 25 years, Wiseman Hall was designed by Nevin, Morgan and Kilbrook of Louisville, and followed the early 1800s southern style of architecture. Construction of Wiseman Hall allowed all freshmen to live on campus. It was formerly one component of the Wiseman Memorial Quadrangle, which consisted of two buildings--Wiseman (residence hall) and McReynolds (residence and dining hall).

Citation

“Wiseman Hall,” Centre College Digital Archives, accessed September 27, 2022, https://centre.omeka.net/items/show/1344.

Output Formats