Browse Items (1718 total)

2011_001-2-44.jpg
View of the library located in Morgan Hall on the Kentucky College for Women campus. Photograph dates circa 1920.

Tags:

2011_001-2-45.jpg
Undated photograph of a group of Bell Seminary alumni. Identified on back as (1st row, l-r) Sadie Cook Parry, [?] Duke Lanton; Clara Lee McGrorty Bryce, [?] Salton Chestnut; (2nd row, l-r) [?] McDowell, Sophie Bright Logan, Josie Smith Robertson,…

2011_003-1-18.jpg
Photograph of Centre football players taken outside Harvard Stadium on October 28, 1921 - the day before the Centre vs. Harvard game. Members identifed as Bo McMillin setting on car fender, George Joplin leaning on front of car, Harry Snoddy holding…

2011_003-1-19.jpg
Portrait of Centre's football players and fans after team's return to Danville following defeat of Harvard in 1921; members unidentified.

2011_003-1-20.jpg
Photograph of the 1921 Centre College basketball team. Players identified as (front row, l-r) George Maver, Julian Walden, Norris Armstrong, Eugene Bedford, Bo McMillin; (standing, l-r) Ches McCall, Coach Rice McDowell, Boyce Flippin, unidentified…

2011_003-1-21.jpg
Photograph of eleven unidentified Centre College tennis players, circa 1895. The building in the background is Old Boyle-Humphrey Gymnasium.

2011_003-1-26.jpg
Team photograph of the unbeaten 1918-19 Centre College basketball team. Players identified as bottom row (l-r) McMillin, Diddle, Davis (Capt.), Roberts, Eagles; top row (l-r) Murphy, Walden, Gronert (Coach), Bell, Cooper.

2011_003-1-30.jpg
Studio portrait of the 1893 Central University (Richmond, Ky.) track relay team; labeled "Champions of state, May 29, '93". Members identified on photograph as Nourse, Logan, Neal, and Carothers.

2011_003-1-4.jpg
Five unidentified players from the 1902 Centre College baseball team.

2011_003-1-5.jpg
Photograph of the 1911 Centre College baseball team. Players identified as (1st row) Low, Wilkinson, Dosker, Vincon, Kirk, Lafon, Roth, Lassing; (2nd row) Seelbach, Coleman, Tolin, Wingo, Pritchard, Coach Banks, unidentified

2011_003-1-6.jpg
Portrait of the 1924 Centre College baseball team; players unidentified.

2011_003-1-9.jpg
Studio portrait of Centre College football player Martin Hardin.

2011_004-1-13.jpg
View of Old Main on the Centre College campus, circa 1930. To the left is Boyle-Humphrey Alumni Gymnasium.

Tags:

2011_004-1-14.jpg
Exterior view of Old Young Science Hall on the Centre College campus, circa 1930. Built in 1909, Old Young was destroyed by fire in 1970.

Tags:

2011_004-1-2.jpg
Exterior view of Hillcrest House on the Centre College campus, circa 1930. Originally built as the college refectory, Hillcrest served as the home of Centre's presidents from 1831 until 1937. It was later used as a faculty and student residence and a…

Tags:

2011_004-1-30.jpg
Exterior view of Old Main on the Centre College campus, circa 1930. Built in 1871, Old Main was demolished in 1964.

Tags:

2011_004-1-23.jpg
Exterior view of the second Sayre Library on the Centre College campus. Constructed in 1893 to replace the first Sayre Library, this building served as Centre's library until the construction of Carnegie Library. Sayre Library was demolished…

2011_004-1-24.jpg
Interior view of the second Sayre Library on the Centre College campus. Constructed in 1893 to replace the first Sayre Library, this building served as Centre's library until the construction of Carnegie Library. Sayre Library was demolished…

2011_004-1-25.jpg
Photograph of the first Sayre Library from 1879. Built in 1862 with a donation from David A. Sayre, the octagonal building was demolished in 1893. Photo is an enlargement from a collage of campus buildings that appeared in the May 29, 1879, issue of…

2011_004-1-27.jpg
Exterior view of Old Boyle-Humphrey Gymnasium on the Centre College campus, circa 1900. The gymnasium opened in the fall of 1892. On April 1, 1912, the building burned, and was then completely demolished.

2011_004-1-33.jpg
Exterior view of the north side of Old Boyle-Humphrey Gymnasium on the Centre College campus, circa 1900. The gymnasium opened in the fall of 1892. On April 1, 1912, the building burned, and was then completely demolished.

2011_004-1-4.jpg
Photograph of the exterior of Carnegie Library on the Centre College campus, circa 1930. Built in 1913 through a gift from Andrew Carnegie, Carnegie served as Centre's library until 1966.

2011_004-1-45.jpg
Aerial photograph of the Centre College campus taken by W. C. Alcock, October 28, 1939. Buildings that are visible include (l-r) the old Danville High School, Carnegie Library, Boyle-Humphrey Gymnasium, Old Main, Old Young, Fry House (upper right),…

Tags:

2011_004-1-46.jpg
Photograph of a winter scene of the Centre College campus, circa 1895, taken from the First Presbyterian Church. Visible are Old Boyle-Humphrey Gymnasium, Old Main, and Breckinridge Hall.

Tags:

2011_004-1-7.jpg
Photograph of Old Centre on the Centre College campus, circa 1925. C6-H0 was painted on campus buildings by students following the football team's upset of Harvard in 1921.

Tags:

Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2