Browse Items (83 total)
- Collection: Buildings & Campus
Sort by:
Old Main
View of Old Main on the Centre College campus, circa 1930. To the left is Boyle-Humphrey Alumni Gymnasium.
Tags: buildings
Old Young Science Hall
Exterior view of Old Young Science Hall on the Centre College campus, circa 1930. Built in 1909, Old Young was destroyed by fire in 1970.
Tags: buildings
Hillcrest House
Exterior view of Hillcrest House on the Centre College campus, circa 1930. Originally built as the college refectory, Hillcrest served as the home of Centre's presidents from 1831 until 1937. It was later used as a faculty and student residence and a…
Tags: buildings
Old Main
Exterior view of Old Main on the Centre College campus, circa 1930. Built in 1871, Old Main was demolished in 1964.
Tags: buildings
Centre College aerial view, 1939
Aerial photograph of the Centre College campus taken by W. C. Alcock, October 28, 1939. Buildings that are visible include (l-r) the old Danville High School, Carnegie Library, Boyle-Humphrey Gymnasium, Old Main, Old Young, Fry House (upper right),…
Tags: buildings
Centre College campus winter scene
Photograph of a winter scene of the Centre College campus, circa 1895, taken from the First Presbyterian Church. Visible are Old Boyle-Humphrey Gymnasium, Old Main, and Breckinridge Hall.
Tags: buildings
Old Centre
Photograph of Old Centre on the Centre College campus, circa 1925. C6-H0 was painted on campus buildings by students following the football team's upset of Harvard in 1921.
Tags: buildings
Centre College campus, 1920
Undated photograph of the Centre College campus, circa 1920. Buildings are (l-r) Carnegie Library, Boyle-Humphrey Alumni Gymnasium, Old Main, and Old Young Science Hall.
Tags: buildings
Survey of Centre College Campus (December 3, 1818)
Survey by Archibald Bilbo of seven acres of John Cochran's pasture land for the campus of the new college. The Board of Trustees paid $400 for the land. A few months later a strip 20 feet wide and the length of the first, was added to the north side.…
Tags: 19th century, survey
Cotton House
The Cotton House was built as the Phi Kappa Tau house, the first of a proposed "Quadrangle Plan", which called for Centre's fraternities to build houses on land behind Craik House and along Maple Aveneu. The Phi Kappa Tau house was the only such…
Tags: buildings
Chenault Alumni House
Built in 1904, renovated in 1998. Named for Carroll C. Chenault Jr., Class of 1920. Home to the offices of alumni and development. From 1932 to 1962, it housed Phi Delta Theta fraternity. It is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Tags: buildings
Aerial view of Centre College campus, 1949
Aerial photograph of the Centre College campus taken by Omar Adams, Spring of 1949. Visible (l-r) are Carnegie Library, Boyle-Humphrey Alumni Gymnasium (with new addition being constructed), Old Main, Old Young, Veteran's Village, Fry House, and…
Tags: aerial views, buildings
Aerial view of Centre College campus, 1949
Aerial photograph of the Centre College campus taken by Omar Adams, Spring of 1949. Visible in the center are (clockwise) the back of Old Centre, Wiseman Hall, McReynolds Hall, and Hillcrest. In the lower left is the construction of the Main Street…
Tags: aerial views, buildings
Aerial view of Centre College campus, 1949
Aerial photograph of the Centre College campus taken by Omar Adams, Spring of 1949. Visible in the center are (clockwise) the back of Old Centre, Wiseman Hall, McReynolds Hall, and Hillcrest. In the photograph's top is seen (l-r) Carnegie Library,…
Tags: aerial views, buildings
Aerial view of Centre College campus, 1949
Aerial photograph of the Centre College campus taken by Omar Adams, Spring of 1949. Visible in the lower right are (clockwise) Old Centre, Wiseman Hall, McReynolds Hall, and Hillcrest. In the upper half are (l-r) Carnegie Library, Boyle-Humphrey…
Tags: aerial views, buildings